Six Sigma is a business approach that involves customized strategies, tools, and statistical methodologies with the main goal of improving your company’s bottom line. Six Sigma relies on both Green Belts and Black Belts who each have a role in the successful completion of a project. The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate builds on the foundation of our Green Belt Certificate, which is a prerequisite for this program.
The Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate is an opportunity to learn how to implement Six Sigma methodology throughout the organization. This is a highly marketable skill that is in demand in many industries. Black Belts are at the core of every Six Sigma project. They are the leaders who have an advanced understanding of the methodology and analytical tools used in Six Sigma.
Building on the critical foundation of the Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate, you will take your knowledge to the next level in the Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate. You will develop and complete a project that will benefit your company, while discovering the tremendous value of Six Sigma methodology. Six Sigma can make all the difference when used to: reduce the cycle time during production, optimize response time to inquiries, maximize the speed and accuracy of the supply chain, and "mistake-proof" support processes.
Please Note: Students who have completed both Six Sigma Green Belt classes at Cal State University, Fullerton will receive a 10% discount off the price of each class in the Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate. The Awarding of Certificates: After completion of both Six Sigma Black Belt courses, a certificate of attendance will be awarded to the graduates. After the successful completion of the approved project (which needs to be completed within a year), a Black Belt certificate will be awarded. The certificate graduate will receive 8.0 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Graduates of the Six Sigma certificate program will be able to:
- Be integral to Six Sigma projects
- Understand and explain the concepts of Six Sigma
- Identify the voice of the customer, their needs and requirements
- Use statistics to analyze, improve and control processes
- Validate measurement systems
- Implement process control systems
- Operations supervisors, leads, and other individual contributors
- Human resource supervisors and managers
- Engineering administrators
- Consultants who want to incorporate Six Sigma, Black Belt in their service offerings
- Individuals seeking practical skills in Six Sigma, Black Belt
- Persons wanting an introduction to Six Sigma thinking and techniques
- Quality administrators
The program is open to all interested persons who possess at least a high school diploma and have completed the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Plus class. One year of high school or college algebra and some experience in a quality-related job are recommended.