The Healthcare Information Technology certificate program provides an opportunity for professionals with an IT, healthcare or project management background to prepare for a new career in this field.
Healthcare Information Technology Skills are In-Demand
The Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act requires meaningful improvements to patient electronic record-keeping systems by 2016.
Hospitals and eligible professionals are required to meet HITECH criteria to receive Medicare payment adjustments and incentives. This has created a great demand within the healthcare industry.
Professionals with strong technical knowledge and healthcare industry savvy can be trained to identify and implement solutions that take into account the complexity of the industry and facilitate a better flow of information in accordance with State and Federal regulations and mandates.
The Certificate in Healthcare Information Technology consists of four required courses totaling 63 hours of lecture and discussion. 6.3 Continuing Education Units will be awarded to the certificate graduate.
On completion of this program you will:
- Have a better understanding of healthcare delivery in the U.S.
- Be aware of the regulatory/compliance issues driving healthcare IT
- Adopt a shared language used by healthcare professionals and IT experts to analyze, design, and implement IT systems
- Be able to discuss and analyze the workflow in care delivery systems
- Be ready to identify critical decisions in the development of healthcare IT solutions
- Be knowledgeable about best practices in applying healthcare informatics to enhance care
-Healthcare Risk Management professionals
-Healthcare clinical professionals with interest in Informatics
-Nursing or Clinical Analysts
-Information Technology Analysts interested in the healthcare industry
-Business Analysts with interest in the healthcare industry
-Information Technology Architects seeking healthcare industry knowledge
-Systems Administrators seeking opportunity in healthcare industry
-Information Technology Security Management professional with interest in healthcare industry
There are no prerequisites for admittance to this program.