“Small businesses that implement effective employee management strategies experience a 23.3% higher profit growth and a reduction in employee turnover by 66.8%," according to a study from Cornell University and the Gevity Institute.
The Certificate in Effective Management will enable students to implement and practice effective employee management strategies at any company. The courses are designed to provide students with the tools to manage with confidence and the skills to communicate and engage employees.Students will actively participate in discussions about “real life” scenarios concerning management techniques and best practices to impact the workplace. Each session will explore major topics to provide students with successful management practices which can be directly integrated into any job.
The Certificate in Effective Management consists of twelve courses totaling 36 hours of hands-on activities and industry expert advice. The certificate graduate will receive 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) and dynamic skills to advance your career.
Graduates of this certificate will be able to:
- Identify the role and functions of an effective manager in an organization;
- Define the core components of effective listening and communication skills, and apply to real-life interactions;
- Understand the important steps necessary to recruit, select, and train new employees;
- Identify valuable techniques in coaching, monitoring and retaining employees;
- Be knowledgeable about the latest developments in employment law and its impact on organizations;
- Have an understanding of effective strategies that motivate employees and resolve conflict in the workplace;
- Understand the role of managers in vision setting and decision making processes;
- Understand the crucial roles managers play in ensuring the success of an organization
- Recent college graduates seeking management skill training
- Employees seeking management track career opportunities
- Newly promoted managers
- Current managers
- Career development
This program is open to all interested persons.