Learn the project management cycle step by step with this professional development certificate in Project Management. Offered in collaboration with the Project Management Institute (PMI), Orange County Chapter, Inc., the focus is the application of knowledge, and interpersonal skills along with the project management cycle.
Experienced project managers will guide you through all aspects of the completion of a "virtual project". This project begins in the first class of the Project Management certificate and goes through the final class. Upon completion of the final class, you will have a substantial portfolio that includes all aspects of your work managing the virtual project. Several certificate graduates report successfully using this portfolio to help them get project management jobs.
The certificate in Project Management consists of six required courses totaling 81 hours. The certificate graduate will receive 8.1 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Due to the nature of this program, students must be able to commit to taking all of the classes in sequence during the same semester.
Graduates of the certificate program will have a project portfolio to validate their knowledge and be able to:
- Understand what a project is
- Develop a project plan
- Understand how to assure the quality of the project
- Communicate effectively to stakeholders
- Develop a reasonable/achievable schedule
- Manage cost and resources
- Measure project progress/deliverables/performance
- Achieve project goals
- Present project outcomes to managers/executives
- Individuals who are considering project management as a career choice
- Newly appointed project managers, leaders or schedulers wanting to gain skills
- Managers and supervisors responsible for organizational projects
- Project team members, coordinators, analysts and sponsors
- Program and product managers