Lean Six Sigma is a quantitative process that promotes improved effectiveness and efficiency in an organization. This certificate program provides participants with a thorough exposure to the tools and methods that are necessary to successfully lead and contribute to Lean Six Sigma projects. Students are given the tools to identify improvement projects, measure results and analyze performance data.
Our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt program is ideal for high-level executives, operations managers, consultants looking to add to their service offerings, or anyone who needs an introduction to Six Sigma techniques. On completion of this program, you will have the knowledge and skills to apply Lean Six Sigma tools to your organization. Graduates will be able to:
The Lean Six Sigma Green Belt consists of two required courses totaling 80 hours of lecture and discussion. 8.0 Continuing Education Units will be awarded to the certificate graduate.
Starting this fall, classes for our Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate programs will be held on our Irvine campus. Students will benefit from a newer and more modern classroom environment as well as a more central location in a city that’s long been a hub for the types of manufacturing and research and development companies that can benefit most from these programs.
On completion of this program, you will have the knowledge and skills to apply Lean Six Sigma tools to your organization. Expected outcomes include your development of:
- The ability to use statistical problem-solving approaches for process improvement
- The skills needed to transform processes using Lean Six Sigma
- The ability to use Value Stream Mapping to identify processes needing improvement
- The know-how to eliminate defects and thereby optimize process flow
- The skills to define and use the appropriate tools to address process problems
- Department directors and managers
- Operations supervisors, leads and others who may be asked to contribute to a project
- Chief Operating Officers
- Chief Executive Officers
- Quality administrators
- Consultants who want to incorporate Lean Six Sigma Green Belt in their service offerings
- Individuals seeking practical skills in Lean Six Sigma
- Anyone who needs an initial introduction to Lean Six Sigma thinking and techniques
The program is open to all interested persons who possess at least a high school diploma. It is recommended that students have one year of high school or college algebra.