The certificate in C++ Programming Advanced Topics provides hands-on instruction through online courses in the more advanced topics of the C++ programming language.
Completion of this comprehensive, online professional development certificate program will show a mastery of C++ programming skills: emphasizing the important, practical points and an understanding of the common issues. There are significant out-of-class coding and reading assignments to help to ensure applied learning. Most importantly, graduates will have a portfolio of completed projects which will demonstrate a proficiency of improved programming skills.
The Certificate in C++ Advanced Topics consists of two required courses totaling 48 hours of online lecture, discussions, individual and collaborative programming assignments and projects. Upon completion of the program a Certificate in C++ Programming Advanced Topics and 4.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded.
Due to state and federal regulations, non-California residents may only enroll in CSUF online courses when their state has authorized CSUF as a provider. Click here for more information.
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Program proficiently and effectively in C++
- Work with objects, classes and user-defined data abstractions using the Boost and Standard Template Libraries
- Use generic algorithms, functors and exception handling
- Display a portfolio of C++ code samples and programming assignments
- Review and resolve issues with C++ code
- Those who need to develop C++ applications
- Software engineers/developers who work with C/C++ legacy systems
- Software engineers/developers looking to enter the defense industry
- Mechanical engineers working with C++ embedded design