The certificate in C++ Programming Essentials is an online program that provides hands-on instruction in the C++ programming language. The courses are instructor-led discussions that are enhanced by individual and collaborative programming assignments. This is a very fast-paced program structured for quick learning. Students should expect to do a significant amount of coding.
Completion of this comprehensive certificate program will show a mastery of C++ programming skills: emphasizing the important, practical points and an understanding of the common issues. Most importantly, graduates will have a portfolio of completed projects that will demonstrate a proficiency of programming skills that are ready to be applied to the workplace.
The certificate in C++ Programming Essentials consists of two required courses totaling 54 hours of lectures, lab demonstrations, discussions, coding assignments and projects. A certificate in C++ Programming Essentials and 5.4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be awarded to those completing the program.
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the scope and significance of the C++ programming language
- Write simple structured programs to solve problems
- Define and utilize built-in data types and create simple abstract data types
- Develop object-based programs using classes as well as be familiar with the standard library and its usage
- Be comfortable editing, compiling, and linking C++ (console) programs with at least two different compilers
- Display a portfolio of C++ code samples and programming assignments
- Those who need to program in C++
- Software engineers/developers who work with C/C++ legacy systems
- Software engineers/developers looking to enter the defense industry
- Mechanical engineers working with C++ embedded design
Prior programming experience in a higher-order programming language is a prerequisite for admittance to this program. Additionally, in order to complete programming assignments, it is required that students have access to their own C++ compiler that supports ISO/ANSI standard exception handling, templates, RTTI (Run-Time Type Identification) and STL (Standard Template Library).