The LabVIEW certificate is an opportunity to develop basic and intermediate LabVIEW skills including the ability to construct moderately complex, modular, well-organized LabVIEW applications.
The hands-on exercises build programming skills in data acquisition, instrument control, analysis, archiving, planning and building larger applications as well as Intermediate level issues of memory management, multithreading, and code interface nodes.
LabVIEW has grown to become the industry-leading development environment for data acquisition, test, measurement, control, and analysis applications. National Instruments created LabVIEW graphical programming environment for scientists and engineers to use for rapid design development and deployment of instrumentation and control systems.
The certificate in LabVIEW consists of two required classes totaling 66 hours of lecture and hands-on laboratory instruction. Students who successfully complete both classes will be awarded a Certificate in LabVIEW and 6.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Those who pass the elective CLAD certification exam will receive an additional .1 CEU and certification from National Instruments.
Cal State Fullerton’s University Extended Education is proud to be a National Instruments LabVIEW Academy. Get hands-on training in LabVIEW and prepare for the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certification exam. The CLAD is the first step in the three-part NI LabVIEW certification process. This certification indicates a broad working knowledge of the LabVIEW environment, a basic understanding of coding and documentation best practices, and the ability to read and interpret existing code. The optional exam will be offered to those who have successfully completed University Extended Education's Intermediate LabVIEW.
Graduates of the certificate program will:
- Understand fundamental LabVIEW programming structures and concepts
- Understand the concept of Virtual Instrumentation (VI) and its implementation via the LabVIEW environment
- Be familiar with basic and intermediate level programming concepts
- Be familiar with sound programming practices
- Be able to apply principles of measurement, control, reporting, analysis, memory management, multithreading and code interface nodes using LabVIEW
- Be confident of their LabVIEW knowledge in order to take the CLAD certification exam.
The Certificate in LabVIEW is designed for:
- Electrical, mechanical, aerospace, civil and chemical engineers
- Software engineers
- Recent engineering graduates seeking graphical programming skills
- Those interested in preparing for the CLAD certification exam
Students beginning the Certificate in LabVIEW are expected to have prior experience using Windows 95, 98, NT or 2000 operating system. In addition, they should have prior exposure to instrumentation and control hardware or work experience in technology and/or engineering.
Cal State Fullerton’s Extended Education is proud to be a National Instruments LabVIEW Academy. Get hands-on training in LabVIEW and prepare for the Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD) certification exam.
View Related Courses
"I use what I learned in the LabVIEW classes every day in my job, and my new skills provide an opportunity for career advancement."Mahmood A. Majid, Technician