105,100Number of Jobs, 2019
$86,200Median Pay per year, 2020
25%Job Growth, 2019-2029 (FYI - 5% is average)
*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook – Operations Research Analysts
Earn your data science certification in 10 months. This program is ideal for a range of analysts, scientists and engineers.
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
1. Articulate how today's organizations are using data to gain strategic business advantage.
2. Understand how businesses are adapting to compete in today's data driven world and the types of tools, technology, processes, and people needed.
3. Identify new career opportunities and how to use knowledge of statistical and data sciences to evolve in current workplace settings, or for career advancement.
4. Understand the complete data analysis project lifecycle: from retrieving data, validating and preparing data for analysis, finding anomalies, performing statistical analyses, building descriptive and predictive models, to presenting and communicating findings.
5. Understand the tools companies are using to acquire, store, and process data.
6. Formally form a hypothesis and identify a statistical procedure appropriate to determine if there is statistical evidence to support the hypothesis.
7. Be able to build a statistical model to identify the most important factors that influence an outcome, describe relationships among variables, and use a statistical model to make predictions and quantify the statistical uncertainty.
- Professionals interested in learning how to leverage data for better decision making.
- Data analysts who wish to move beyond using basic analysis tools.
- Decision makers who want to understand how data can better inform their efforts.
- Computer scientists and statisticians who wish to take a lead role in data science projects.
- Graduates with degrees in math, statistics, computer engineering and natural sciences who wish to enter the data science field.
- Professional analysts (e.g., financial analysts, business analysts, systems analysts) who wish to advance their skills in data science.
- Managers who wish to utilize data science to enhance business performance.
There are no prerequisites for admittance to this program which is intended for participants who have an interest in learning how to analyze and better understand data. It is recommended that students have a bachelor's degree with some college level course work in statistics or mathematics or have some basic programming experience.
Length: 10 months
Next Start: Fall 2021
*Cost is approximate and subject to change.
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English must possess English language proficiency equivalent to a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 80 (iBT) or IELTS score of 6.5.
It is the participantís responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.
*Have a question? Please contact us.