13,400Number of Jobs, 2021
$68,900Median Pay per year, 2021
3%Job Growth, 2021-2031
*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook - Cartographers and Photogrammetrists
Earn your GIS certificate in 8 months and integrate geography, data and systems to solve a wide range of problems for government, business, healthcare, insurance, law enforcement and other industries.
Check out the full interview with Dr. Underhill to see what else she has to say about earning your GIS certificate online.
Before you register, please make sure that the PC you will use for this course meets the system requirements outlined here:
Note: Students are able to register for these courses through the first Friday following the start of each course.
At the conclusion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Provide a general definition and understanding of the key concepts and topics of GIS including a brief history of the industry;
- Understand the major components of a Geographic Information System including hardware, software and data;
- Identify the role and functions of the GIS Specialist in both the public and private sectors;
- Understand GIS database principles and build a GIS database, data type and data sources;
- Understand the fundamentals of ArcGIS and its related applications; and
- Complete a capstone project integrating the student's GIS knowledge and skills accumulated over the course of the certificate program.
- Recent Baccalaureate graduates across many disciplines
- Employees of organizations either utilizing or planning to utilize GIS
- Career changers - IT Professionals
- Retirees - second career
This program is open to all interested persons.
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English possess English language proficiency equivalent to:
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 80 (iBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
There is no need to send the test score to the University.ÿ It the participant's responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.ÿ
Location: Online, Weekly modules
Length: 8 months
Next Start: August 2023
*Cost is approximate and subject to change
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English must possess English language proficiency equivalent to a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 80 (iBT) or IELTS score of 6.5.
It is the participantís responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.
*Have a question? Please contact us.