This new certificate is for current and future education leaders seeking to learn how to implement improvement science methods in their schools!
Our one-year certificate prepares existing and aspiring school leaders and other education professionals to lead continuous improvement processes using improvement science methods. Improvement science is a new approach in the field of educational leadership, and will bring current education leaders up-to-date with cutting edge instructional leadership strategies.
Who is eligible for the Improvement Science certificate program?
Students must be current practitioners in P-12 settings who have a certificate of eligibility for the Preliminary Administrative Services Credential (PASC) OR already have the Clear Administrative Services Credential (CASC).
What are the program courses?
Required Courses must be taken in consecutive terms:
- EDAD 505A – P-12 Instructional Leadership and Assessment A
- EDAD 510 – Instructional Leadership and Assessment B
Elective Courses (select one) must be taken concurrently with one of the required courses:
- EDAD 503A – Organizational Leadership and Management A
- EDAD 504 – Organizational Leadership and Management B
How do I Register?
Steps for Enrollment
- Go to the Open University website to review the timelines for enrollment through Open University.
- Review the enrollment instructions for the Spring/Fall semesters at OU Enrollment Instructions.
- Start the request for approval and enrollment application for the chosen semester, which will include searching for the specific course sections in the Titan Online Schedule by course subject/number and postbaccaulaureate career, so the needed course sections are viewable.
- Use the comments feature in the online request for approval and enrollment application to communicate to the instructor and Dept of Educational Leadership, you are requesting this course enrollment for the purpose of completing the certificate in Improvement Science for Education Leaders.
- In addition, at the time you submit the request for approval and enrollment, please upload and email a current copy of your CV or resume to email@example.com to confirm your eligibility for the program. Include your name and CWID in all communications.
For optimal viewing of the course schedule below, please view on a tablet or desktop
Note: Click on the course title to view all available course sections. Hover over the colored labels to view where the course will be offered