User Experience (UX) is defined as the crafting of positive, effectual interactions between users and products or technology which serve or benefit the user. User Experience has emerged as one of the fastest growing specializations in today's business world. There is a significant demand for knowledgeable professionals to work on customer-centered design needed for everything from web or mobile applications, personal computers, devices and other products.
Customer/User Experience is an emerging trend that furthers organizational and business goals as well as performance. In this certificate, you will learn about a user-focused business process that integrates cross-disciplinary research, design, and usability testing methodology to elicit effective end-user interactions and satisfaction with a company's products.
This program consists of six required classes, 98 hours of lecture, lab and discussion (9.8 Continuing Education Units will be awarded to the certificate graduate) designed to give participants an applied understanding of the concepts, practical knowledge and skills necessary for user-centered design and usability testing. Instructors are recognized industry practitioners who will share their expertise to help you achieve your goals.
Due to state and federal regulations, non-California residents may only enroll in CSUF online courses when their state has authorized CSUF as a provider. Click here for more information.
Graduates of this certificate program will:
- Gain an understanding of the fundamental principles and functions in Customer/User Experience and its relationship to human-centered research and usability assurance
- Understand and justify the business case and architecture that enables user-centered design implementation
- Gain an understanding of the role and relevancy of human-centered research in the user-centered design process
- Identify and discuss best practices in the gathering and documentation of user-centered data
- Understand and apply the principles and methods of user-centered design
- Understand the use of and application of wireframing and prototyping methods in a user-centered design context
- Gain an understanding of the principal elements, methods and concepts of usability testing and its role in Customer/User Experience
- Develop a portfolio and the presentation skills needed to tell the accompanying story
- Business Analysts and Consultants
- Business Intelligence/Web Analytics Professionals
- Customer Relationship Management Practitioners
- Decision-maker, Executive and Manager- Level Individuals
- Human Factors Practitioners
- Industrial and Product Design Practitioners
- Information Architects
- Interaction Designers
- Library Science Practitioners
- Medical Device and Appliance Designers
- Mobile Applications Developers
- Organizations seeking training for employees and employee teams
- Product Managers
- Project Team Leaders/Project Managers/Scrum Masters
- Software and Application Developers
- Software Engineers
- Technical Writers
- Usability Analysts/Researchers
- Visual/Graphic/User Interface Designers
- Website Developers and Administrators
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English possess English language proficiency equivalent to:
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 80 (iBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
There is no need to send the test score to the University. It the participant's responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.
Network with fellow UX professionals and learn from recognized industry practitioners while improving your customer-centered design skills.
“User experience is about making sure people can do what they want without any issues. I like making things better and as simple as possible.”
—David Nguyen, UX Certificate Program alum and Advisory Board member