Superior human resources management can provide a significant competitive advantage. Human resources managers need to be viewed as fulfilling an integral and strategic role in the organization. The Human Resources Management Certificate will equip you to meet the human resource challenges of the 21st century. Graduates will be prepared to help their organizations through effective management of human resources in a diverse and changing environment.
The Human Resources Management Certificate consists of five required courses totaling 68 hours of lecture and discussion. The certificate graduate will receive 6.8 Continuing Education Units (CEUs), a nationally recognized unit used for professional development.
Starting this fall, classes in our Human Resources certificate program will be held at both our Garden Grove and Irvine campuses. This will give students from all over Orange County and the surrounding areas increased access to this very popular program. As always, the program can be completed in just one academic term.
Please be sure you select "GG" as your location if you want to take your classes in Garden Grove, and "IRVC" as your location to take classes in Irvine.
|Add to Cart|
|Add to Cart|
Graduates of the certificate program will:
- Have a comprehensive overview of the field of human resources management
- Know where and how to find employable staff in a full employment economy
- Be familiar with the varied aspects of employment law
- Be aware of the importance of communication skills, both verbal and written, in the retention of good employees
- Be knowledgeable of the various strategies and plans for employee compensation
- Current supervisors and human resources managers
- Anyone interested in human resources as a career path
- Employees with human resources responsibilities
- Clerical or entry-level employees who would like to move into management