37,800Number of Jobs, 2018
$111,340Median Pay per year, 2018
8%Job Growth, 2018-2028 (FYI - 5% is average)
*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook - Training and Development Managers
According to a study from Cornell University, "Small businesses that implement effective employee management strategies experience a 23.3% higher profit growth and a reduction in employee turnover by 66.8%." Our certificate in Effective Management will enable students to implement and practice employee management strategies at any company.
Please note: Tentatively, Effective Management will be available for enrollment for the Spring 2021 term. Stay connected for program updates by signing up to receive email notices.
Graduates of this certificate will be able to:
- Identify the role and functions of an effective manager in an organization;
- Define the core components of effective listening and communication skills, and apply to real-life interactions;
- Understand the important steps necessary to recruit, select, and train new employees;
- Identify valuable techniques in coaching, monitoring and retaining employees;
- Be knowledgeable about the latest developments in employment law and its impact on organizations;
- Have an understanding of effective strategies that motivate employees and resolve conflict in the workplace;
- Understand the role of managers in vision setting and decision making processes;
- Understand the crucial roles managers play in ensuring the success of an organization
- Recent college graduates seeking management skill training
- Employees seeking management track career opportunities
- Newly promoted managers
- Current managers
- Career development
This program is open to all interested persons.