Applying to AMSE is an easy, two-step process. You just need to fill out the online application and submit additional documents by mail. If you have any questions about the application process, please contact us and a staff member will get back to you soon.
Application Date & Fees
Below you will find the application periods for the Fall and Spring cohorts, as well as the application fee:
- Spring cohort applications accepted: August 1–October 31 (Spring 2021 will be the last spring cohort)
- Fall cohort applications accepted: October 1–May 15 (Starting Fall 2021, cohorts will start in the fall only)
- Application fee: $70
How to Apply
Step 1: Submit your application through Cal State Apply
Step 2: Submit documents
You can view these required documents, email address and mailing address below, or download our Application Checklist.
Spring 2021: Application documents are accepted from August 1 – November 15, 2020.
Fall 2021: Application documents are accepted from October 1, 2020 - May 31, 2021.
After You Apply
Step 3: Login to your Student Portal
Once you have submitted your application, you will receive an email with information on setting up your Student Portal and student email address. Login as soon as possible, as you will receive any further admissions instructions only through your Student Portal and student email address.
Step 4: Check your email
You will need to check your email regularly for application status updates, as well as any additional information and instructions.
Step 5: Wait for an admissions decision
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and the processing time may take several weeks. You will be notified of your admission status to your CSUF email address.
Submit your documents by email at firstname.lastname@example.org , except for official transcripts and original translation of transcript must be sent by mail to the address below. You must complete this step in addition to submitting your online application by the deadline. All documents must be received before a file can be reviewed.
Send by Mail (to address below):
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (translated into English if necessary)
Send by Email (email@example.com):
- Personal statement of no more than 2,000 words
- Resume demonstrating experience in the technology field (preferred)
- Copy of degree verification or copy of provisional diploma (translated into English if necessary)
In addition to the documents above, international students applying to the program will need to submit the following:
- TOEFL or IELTS score: A minimum score of 550 (paper) or 80 (iBT); or 6.5 Academic IELTS or 58 PTE is required. Test scores submitted cannot be older than two years prior to the desired enrollment date. You can qualify for a TOEFL waiver; view waiver requirements on the TOEFL Scores PDF . Please email documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Student Financial Affidavit of Support accompanied by a bank statement showing proof of funding for at least the first year of study (see Affidavit form for minimum amount required). To submit the documents online, please review the instuctions . Then go to the ISS website to upload the files.
- Students sponsored by an international organization or home government agency must also include a letter of scholarship support specifying CSUF and your proposed degree and program of study.
Please mail original transcripts and original translation of transcripts (if necessary) to:
EIP - AMSE Admissions
California State University, Fullerton
800 N. State College Blvd., THALL 1403, Fullerton, CA 92831 USA
What’s your next step?
Learn about admission requirements or join the AMSE email list. By joining the list you will also receive program and application updates.
Interested in what it takes to apply? View a list of what you will need to apply to the program.