In the current business climate, there is an emphasis on teams and teamwork, making leadership skills critical to success in today's workplace. In the certificate in Leadership Development, you begin by assessing the attributes, skills, knowledge and personal goals that you bring to the role of leadership. Learn what it means to lead with vision and examine the nature of strategic leadership. When completed, you will have a better understanding of your purpose and role within the organization.
The Leadership Development Certificate program includes six courses totaling 36 hours of lecture and hands-on experience. The certificate graduate will receive 3.6 Continuing Education Units (CEUs). Classes are led by seasoned experts in coaching, mentoring and team building.
Graduates of the certificate program will be able to:
- Identify those qualities which characterize a potential leader
- Begin building a performance-driven organization
- Identify and use elements of coaching and mentoring
- Discover techniques and methodologies that contribute to team productivity
- Recognize the importance of helping individuals identify needed core competencies
- Measure the impact of coaching on organizational performance
- Realize the importance of organizational culture in employee retention
- Understand the impact of gender and cultural diversity has on organizational performance
- Emerging leaders
- Employees seeking leadership capabilities
- Employees of organizations with 20-200 employees without an internal leadership training program
- Managers who want to know how to identify leaders