Today's marketing professional needs to understand the capabilities of new and emerging media platforms, how they influence consumer behavior and affect business decisions. And because those platforms are always evolving, a certificate program is often the most efficient and economical way to get to the top of your field and stay current.
Cal State Fullerton's nationally ranked Digital Marketing certificate program is ideal both for working professionals who need to incorporate digital marketing into their existing job, and new graduates who want to break into the digital marketing field. Our program focuses on developing the skills required to build and sustain digital marketing campaigns, and can help you anticipate and embrace the inevitable – but exciting – changes that are guaranteed in this field.
Throughout the program’s six online courses, you will be developing and refining a real-world digital marketing plan for a mock company. Each course is offered online and lasts 4-6 weeks; the entire program can be completed in as little as 10 months. Twelve Continuing Education Units will be awarded to certificate graduates.
Due to state and federal regulations, non-California residents may only enroll in CSUF online courses when their state has authorized CSUF as a provider. Click here for more information.
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English must possess English language proficiency equivalent to a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 80 (iBT) or IELTS score of 6.5.
It is the participant’s responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Understand the Digital Marketing landscape and develop a digital marketing campaign.
- Understand the use and application of digital media platforms, communication tools, and marketing strategies and tactics.
- Identify key elements that influence online consumer behavior.
- Research and assess the range of communications opportunities.
- Assess online analytics and measurement.
- Understand team roles and responsibilities in the campaign process.
- Understand the latest laws and regulations governing communications and privacy.
- Articulate best practices and future trends.
- Marketing professionals
- Product, brand and marketing project managers
- General business managers
- Account and advertising executives, managers, and coordinators
- General marketing analysts and content managers
- Public relations and communications specialists and coordinators
- Programmers and other technology professionals who want an understanding of the infrastructure behind digital marketing
- Individuals in other professions with cross functional marketing responsibilities
In addition, it is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English possess English language proficiency equivalent to:
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 80 (iBT)
A minimum IELTS score of 6.5
There is no need to send the test score to the University. It the participant's responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.