Like any professional school, admission to our program is competitive and will be based on a number of factors, including your undergraduate GPA, grades in the required prerequisites and letters of recommendation. All applicants, however, must meet the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in a non-science-based discipline from an accredited institution. Exceptions are considered for science majors if it has been at least five years since your graduation.
- Minimum GPA of at least 3.0 in the last 60 semester units attempted.
- Good standing at the last college attended.
- Proof of introductory chemistry proficiency (equivalent to CSUF’s CHEM 115). You can
complete this requirement in one of three ways:
- Introductory chemistry course
- Chemistry placement exam
- AP credit
- Completion of a pre-calculus or calculus course (equivalent to CSUF's MATH 125 or MATH 130) with a minimum grade of B (must be completed by June 20, 2022).
Clinical volunteer work and/or shadowing in a healthcare setting is highly recommended. If you are economically and/or educationally disadvantaged, you should indicate this on your application.
"Working at a local clinic, getting involved with the American Medical Student Association and traveling to Kenya to volunteer at a hospital were are all important experiences I had during the certificate program, which gave me insight about the health care field. The Health Professions Advising office does a great job in making sure pre-med students extend beyond just the academics."
- Quianna Lium, Western University of Health Sciences
What’s your next step?
Get started on the online application by learning about our application process or by joining the pre-health email list. By joining the list you will also receive program and application updates.
Learn more about the application process, review admissions requirements and start your application online.