271,700Number of Jobs, 2018
$88,890Median Pay per year, 2018
7%Job Growth, 2018-2028 (FYI - 5% is average)
*U.S. Department of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics, Occupational Outlook Handbook – Personal Financial Advisors
Earn your fiduciary certificate in 6 months.
Continuing Professional Education (CPE) Credit:
Cal State Fullerton meets the standards and guidelines set forth by the California Board of Accountancy Regulations to offer CPE credit and maintains responsibility for this program. The following three classes qualify for 14.4 hours of CPE credit respectively as required by the California Board of Accountancy for licensed professionals: Trust Administration and Management, Accounting and Record Keeping for Positions of Trust, and Management of the Investment Portfolio.
Minimum Continuing Legal Education (MCLE) Credit:
Due to state and federal regulations, non-California residents may only enroll in CSUF online courses when their state has authorized CSUF as a provider. Click here for more information .
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English must possess English language proficiency equivalent to a minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper), 80 (iBT) or IELTS score of 6.5.
It is the participantís responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.
Upon completion of the certificate program, graduates will be able to:
- Describe the full range of duties typically performed by trustees.
- Apply legal standards and ethical guidelines to the process of making decisions about the management of a trust in order to avoid real or apparent conflicts of interest.
- Evaluate a trust to determine compatibility and potential conflict of interest between the trust and the trustee.
- Use knowledge of asset management to determine whether there is an overall plan in place to protect the assets of the trust.
- Apply knowledge of the Uniform Prudent Investor Act to the development and implementation of an Investment Policy Statement.
- Demonstrate knowledge of professional fiduciary standards and practices designed to protect the liability and reputation of a trustee.
- Develop and maintain accounting records of all transactions performed in the capacity of trustee.
The Advisory Board defined the certificate program audience as:
- Individuals interested in applying their fiscal or financial management skills to the work of trustees
-Individuals working in closely related fields such as insurance, accounting, estate planning, or paralegal work
-Individuals working in the field of gerontology that have an aptitude for and interest in working as professional fiduciaries
There are no prerequisites for admittance to this program. However, to be eligible for a certificate, students taking this program must show proof of one of the following:
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or
- At least five years of experience working in fiduciary management, or
- At least 60 semester units of college-level work and permission of the program manager
Note: California State University, Fullerton (CSUF), Extension and International Programs (EIP) does not guarantee that a student will qualify for examination eligibility, as defined by the Professional Fiduciaries Act, after completion of the CSUF Professional Fiduciary Management certificate program.
To view the licensing exam eligibility requirements and code of regulations visit the Professional Fiduciaries Bureau website here: http://www.fiduciary.ca.gov/.
It is recommended that participants who reside outside of United States and whose first language is not English possess English language proficiency equivalent to:
A minimum TOEFL score of 550 (paper) or 80 (iBT) or a minimum IELTS score of 6.5
There is no need to send the test score to the University. It the participant's responsibility to demonstrate English language proficiency necessary to fully participate in the class lectures and discussions.