The Bachelor of Arts in Humanities & Social Sciences Online Degree Completion Program requires you to comply with all California State University, Fullerton academic and conduct policies. If you have questions about any of the policies below, please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
To graduate with a Bachelor of Arts in Humanities and Social Sciences you must:
- complete a minimum of 120 units.
- maintain a cumulative, CSUF and major grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher.
- Cumulative GPA: includes all units attempted, including units attempted at other institutions
- CSUF GPA: includes all units attempted at CSUF
- Major GPA: includes all units attempted in the major
CSUF uses a traditional letter-grade system. Some instructors may also use a plus/minus system. To find out more about each letter grade and its corresponding grade point, visit the grading system page .
Academic Probation and Disqualification Policy
If your cumulative or CSUF GPA falls below a 2.0, you will be placed on academic probation. Once on probation, you will have the following semester of attendance to raise your GPA and be removed from academic probation.
A student on academic probation is subject to academic disqualification if the student’s GPA falls below:
- 1.50 for Freshmen (0–29.9 units)
- 1.70 for Sophomores (30–59.9 units)
- 1.85 for Juniors (60–89.9 units)
- 1.95 for Seniors (90 or more units)
You may repeat courses in which you earned a grade of “C-” or below up to two times. You may repeat up to 28 units at Cal State Fullerton. The first 16 of those 28 units fall under the “grade forgiveness” policy: only the most recently earned grade will be used to calculate your GPA. For the remaining 12 units, the original grade and all repeat grades will be used to calculate your GPA. All original grades remain on your academic record whether “grade forgiveness” is applied or not. Please review University Policy Statement UPS 300.015 for a detailed description of this policy.
Repeating courses also affects your eligibility for financial aid. For more information, see the Repeated Coursework page on the Financial Aid site.
As a student in the BA in HSS Degree Completion Program, you are responsible for:
- Familiarizing yourself with University policies and regulations as laid out in the University Catalog and the University Policy Statements (UPS) .
- Understanding graduation and degree requirements and prerequisites, GPA requirements and program structure.
- Understand and abiding by the drop, withdrawal and refund procedures and deadlines.
- Abiding by the University’s standards of behavior.
Grades and Transcripts
Grades are available approximately two weeks after the official end date of the course. You can access your unofficial transcript online at any time through your Student Portal:
- Go to http://www.fullerton.edu/ .
- Click “Students” in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Log in to the Portal with your username and password.
- Click “Student Center” in the “Student Self Service” section
- Click “My Academics” in the “Academics” section.
- Click “View Transcript”
- Click the “View Transcript” button
Leave of Absence/Stop-Out Policy
Under Cal State Fullerton’s “Stop-Out Policy,” undergraduate students may be absent for one semester and maintain their continuing student status. If you are going to be absent for one or more semesters, please contact Program Coordinator Danielle Majam-Finch at dmajam-finch@Fullerton.edu. Since this program features a set curriculum, you will need to make arrangements to make up the course work.
For more information about the “Stop-Out Policy” and leaves of absence, visit the University’s Leave of Absence/Stop-Out Policy page .
What’s your next step?
Book an advising appointment to learn more or join our email list to get important updates.
Our program advisor is here to answer any questions you have about the program or admissions process, and can also help prepare you to succeed in the program and beyond. To book a session, visit our Advising page.