FAFSA awarded financial aid is not available for courses completed through Open University, because one is not in an admitted status with CSUF, when completing courses through Open University. One must be an admitted/matriculated student at the institution attended to be awarded this type of financial aid, if determined as eligible.
Extension and International Programs (EIP) provides information that may assist students to participate in a variety of private student loan programs. The lenders listed below are provided as guidance to borrowers only. You are not required to select a lender from this list. The choice of a lender and guarantor is a decision and responsibility you must make as the borrower. EIP will still need to meet the bank's lending requirements. EIP does not endorse or have an affiliation with any of the organizations below. Please contact the lenders for further information about their private student loan programs.
TCSUF School Code: #001137
Private Student Loan Guidelines
Arrangements for any student private loan must be made prior to registration. Full payment of class fees is due at the time of registration. Loan certification is not guaranteed, and terms and conditions must be accepted by EIP.
- Apply for a Private loan with a lender of your choice. For your convenience, we have listed a few providers above.
- Students will need to notify Extension and International Programs of their approved private loan. Please call the accounting office at (657) 278-8654 or email EIPfinance@fullerton.edu.
- Extension and International Programs will certify the student’s loan with the lender. Please note that Extension and International Programs is only able to certify the loan relating to the total estimated cost of the tuition.
- Students will be allowed to enroll in their classes as long as the first three steps above are completed.
- Lender will disburse the funds to the school and the school will post the funds to the student’s account.
- Any overpayment from the loan will be disbursed to the student by check. Any unpaid balance after the loan funds are disbursed will be due immediately, to be paid by the student.