Important Spring Semester Dates and Deadlines
Cal State Fullerton’s Spring 2021 semester runs from January 23 through May 21. The schedule of classes is viewable on or after September 28, 2020, and the electronic request for approval and enrollment process starts on January 11 at the link below activated on that date.
Below are the important dates and deadlines to know before you start. For detailed instructions on the request for approval and enrollment process, visit our Register page. If you have any question, send us a message from our Contact page.
You may request approval and enrollment for any course section you are eligible to complete, whether it displays as open, closed, or wait-listed. If approved, and physical space allows, you will be enrolled.
An approved enrollment for a wait-listed course section cannot be processed until Monday of the second week of the semester. After approval, you will contact the instructor of record directly for access to the course.
SEPT 28 (2020)
Schedule of Classes
- The schedule of classes will be viewable on or after September 28.
- Please read these changes to course delivery due to Covid-19. Course sections may be delivered asynchronous web, synchronous web, a combination of both, and some in-person traditional. Know the delivery format of your course section(s) before you initiate a request for approval and enrollment.
JAN 11 - FEB 8
Request for Approval and Enrollment Transaction Period
- First day of Spring 2021 classes is January 23.
- Initiate your request for enrollment early!
- Click the link below starting January 11.
Last Day to:
- Enroll without an approved Late Add Petition Form.
- Drop with no record of enrollment.
- Change grade option.
- Switch a class for a $35.00 fee
Last Day to Receive a 65% Refund
- When officially withdrawing late from classes. (W gardes)
FEB 9 - APR 23
Late Withdrawal Period (“W” Drop)
- Complete the Request for Withdrawal online process by clicking below.
Last Day to:
- Receive a pro-rated refund of the consolidated course fee and the student ID card fee for complete withdrawal from classes.
Spring 2021 Key Dates & Deadlines
- Print Dates and Deadlines for Spring 2021.
Open University 101
- Academically disqualified (DQ) students from CSUF may enroll in a maximum of six (6) units during Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- A maximum of 24 credits earned through Open University may count toward the cumulative units required for a bachelor’s degree at CSUF.
- Courses taken through Open University enrollment do not meet the residence requirements for a bachelor’s degree at CSUF (30 units for the degree; 24 units in upper division courses). For graduate degrees, normally 6 to 9 units of approved credits taken through Open University may apply, but for degrees which require more than 30 units, more units of credit may apply. Please consult the department graduate advisor of your program.
- To view course descriptions and prerequisite information, visit Cal State Fullerton’s University Catalog.
- For other important dates, including scheduled campus closures, visit the CSUF Academic Calendar.