Spring 2022 Semester
Cal State Fullerton’s Spring 2022 semester is January 22 through May 20. The schedule of classes is viewable on or after October 4, 2021, and the electronic request for approval and enrollment process starts on January 10, 2022 at a link below activated on this date at 8 a.m.
Important: Covid-19 Vaccination Requirement
- Covid-19 vaccination is required for any student enrolled through Open University in course sections meeting in-person or in a hybrid format. There are no options to request a medical or religious exemption if enrolled through Open University.
- Enrollment through Open University into a fully online course(s) only does alow you to attest you are in a fully online (WEB) course(s) and will not access any CSUF facilities nor participate in any on-campus CSUF activities, programs or other instruction. Therefore, status of COVID-19 vaccination would not be required.
- Visit Titans Return for additional university information and CSUF guidelines regarding the status of the campus for the Spring 2022 semester.
Important Dates and Deadlines for Spring 2022
Below are the important dates and deadlines to know before you start. For detailed instructions on the request for approval and enrollment process, visit our Enrollment Instructions page. If you have any question, send us a message from our Contact page.
Request for Approval and Enrollment
You may request approval and enrollment for any course section you are eligible to complete, whether it displays as open, closed, or wait-listed. If approved, and physical space allows, you will be enrolled.
Approval for a wait-listed course section
An approved enrollment for a wait-listed course section cannot be processed until Monday of the second week of the semester. If you know an instructor has approved you to add a wait-listed course section, do contact the instructor directly to request access to view the course in Canvas prior to official enrollment. View access to a course in Canvas, however, is not official enrollment. That step must still occur when access to enroll is allowed.
October 4, 2021
Schedule of Classes
- The schedule of classes will be viewable on or after October 4, 2021.
- Course sections could be delivered in-person, asynchronous web, synchronous web, or a combination of both. Know the delivery format of your course section(s) before you initiate a request for approval and enrollment.
JAN 10 - FEB 7
Request for Approval and Enrollment Transaction Period
- First day of Spring 2022 classes is January 22, with most courses starting the week of January 23.
- You may request approval for multiple course sections in one transaction. Pay attention to the "add another" prompts in this interface.
- You may NOT request approval for multiple sections of the same course in one transaction. If you are denied approval for a specific course section, you may go back to this interface, to request a different section of the same course.
Last Day to:
- Enroll without an approved Late Add Petition.
- Drop with no record of enrollment.
- Must contact EIP Student Services to request a drop.
- Change grade option.
- Switch a class for a $35.00 fee
Last Day to Receive a 65% Refund
- When officially withdrawing late from classes. (W gardes)
FEB 8 - APR 22
Late Withdrawal Period (“W” Drop)
- Complete the Request for Withdrawal online process by clicking below.
Last Day to:
- Receive a pro-rated refund of the consolidated course fee and the student ID card fee for complete withdrawal from classes.
Spring 2022 Dates & Deadlines
- Print Dates and Deadlines for Spring 2022.
Open University 101
- Academically disqualified (DQ) students from CSUF may enroll in a maximum of six (6) units during Fall, Spring and Summer terms.
- Registration is on a space-available basis.
- A maximum of 24 credits earned through Open University may count toward the cumulative units required for a bachelor’s degree at CSUF.
- Courses taken through Open University enrollment do not meet the residence requirements for a bachelor’s degree at CSUF (30 units for the degree; 24 units in upper division courses). For graduate degrees, normally 6 to 9 units of approved credits taken through Open University may apply, but for degrees which require more than 30 units, more units of credit may apply. Please consult the department graduate advisor of your program.
- To view course descriptions and prerequisite information, visit Cal State Fullerton’s University Catalog.
- For other important dates, including scheduled campus closures, visit the CSUF Academic Calendar.