Faculty & Staff
Help your students expand their education beyond the classroom
Faculty & Staff
As faculty and staff, you play an important role in encouraging students to become more globally engaged. You can help us educate students about studying abroad — and encourage them to do so — in a number of ways:
- Share your experiences: Engage students in discussions of global issues that relate to your curriculum.
- Host a classroom presentation: These short presentations educate students about the benefits and myths of studying abroad as well as telling them how they can get more information. You can contact the Study Abroad office to schedule a presentation.
- Serve on an interview panel: Interviews are held in the fall and spring semesters for students applying to CSU International Programs and CSUF Reciprocal Exchange Programs. If you are interested in serving on an interview panel, please contact the Study Abroad office for more information.
- Write a letter of recommendation: Some programs require students to submit letters of recommendation with their application.
- Help with academic advising and course approval: All students who study abroad must meet with an academic advisor for approval of the courses they plan to take using the Study Abroad Transfer Credit Approval Form . Make sure the student provides you with the name of the university where the course will be taken, course descriptions or a syllabus (if required by your department), academic advising forms and a name and contact information for an advisor in the Study Abroad office.
If you need more information or have questions on any of these topics, please contact the Study Abroad office.